A 2022 SOCIAL MEDIA TREND YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO
Sprout Social came out with an article highlighting nine predictions for social media marketing in 2022, and we’ve picked one of the most important ones - put your audience center stage. So how can you put your target audience at the core of your social media marketing? Keep reading to find out.
Make Your Content Accessible:
- Not everyone can listen to or understand videos with sound alone, whether that’s due to a hearing impairment, a quiet environment or a non-native speaker of your language. Making your social media content accessible to your audience doesn’t take much effort. Accommodating users with different needs, such as captions on videos or descriptions of pictures on your website, makes sure you're putting your audience first. For videos, you can utilize elements like text-to-speech to narrate or fill in your own copy for content. Videos on TikTok, Instagram Reels, and Facebook Reels allow users to turn on automatic captions for videos simply by pressing a button before publishing.
- Watch these quick videos explaining how to add captions on TikTok and Instagram.
- Utilize the discover page on Tiktok or the explore page on Instagram for valuable insights into which sounds, hashtags or topics are trending within the platform.
- Identify keywords to describe your brand or what areas of your social marketing strategy you want to focus on. Utilize Instagram to follow hashtags of those keywords or frequently visit Pinterest to see what’s trending from different creators.
- Partner with influencers that are popular among your audience. They don’t have to be big influencers with millions of followers, you can also use micro-influencers. These individuals can help expand your brand reach and increase your popularity.
- Find creators on the platforms you want a presence on that are popular among the same target audience you want. This is a great source for inspiration and figuring out which types of posts or topics are the most popular.
Maintain An Authentic Voice
- Use your resources to create content with your brand’s voice at the core. Don’t stretch yourself thin by juggling content for every social media platform. Figure out what platforms you want to use and create a cohesive look and feel for your brand. You can achieve this by using a consistent theme, a defined color scheme and incorporating verbiage that stays true to your brand’s voice.
- At the end of the day, we’re all humans, don’t forget that when creating content. People want something they can relate to, not just a sales pitch. What’s easier to relate to than the human experience? Transparency with your content or tapping into everyday struggles and experiences is a great way to incorporate the humanistic side of your brand.
- Feature your own audience! People love when their favorite brands feature the picture they posted or a TikTok they filmed about their favorite product. Use it to your advantage to increase user engagement by featuring them.
In a short recap, cater to your followers! Figure out what they are interested in and how you can incorporate some of those ideas into your own social media strategy. Are you ready to put your audience in the spotlight?