So you're ready to create a TikTok account for your business. Here are the steps you need to take. 👇
1. Create a free business account and set up your ads manager. Make sure you fill out your business profile completely.
2. Linktree is a great way to share your website and any place you may want people to visit to learn more about your business and the products or services you offer. You can place your Linktree link in the bio section of your profile. Note: You can only do this once you've hit 1,000 followers.
3. Research hashtags and create a good hashtag strategy to help your content get seen on the platform. Making sure that you include any trending or relevant hashtags on your posts is key. Many content creators and businesses have even been able to create communities around their shared interests, for example, #cleantok and #booktok.
4. TikTok is a great place for any business to showcase demos of their products or services. However, you have to be careful not to make your videos seem like a sales pitch, stick to using your product or service the way you’d want your customers to. This will help you make authentic content that your audience will be interested in and will also keep them engaged and coming back for more. Some fun ways to showcase products are unboxings, ASMR videos, day in the life, etc. A lot of the time the things people will find interesting about your business are the same things that you may see day in and day out.
5. Showcase your company culture. What does your company look like behind the scenes? Do you play office games, have Nerf wars, dress-up days, community outreach programs, company picnics or retreats? Capture these things in the moment and show your potential audience what it is like to work there. This can not only help with recruitment but studies have shown that people are more likely to purchase from a company that had employees with high engagement.