Joelle Kruger is one of our uber-talented visual content strategists who left small-town Iowa for big city life in Minneapolis. Joelle is a remote employee (who occasionally visits) and finds workplace camaraderie in coffee shops and with her roommate’s Goldendoodle Huxley. Here are 10 more questions to get to know Joelle.
1. Which flavor ice cream do you prefer?
I like chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies and cream, and mint chocolate chip. (In that order and preferably stacked on top of each other in a cake cone.)
2. Which family member do you most resemble?
I look a lot like both my brother and sister (even though they look nothing like each other). Between my parents, I probably resemble my dad more closely.
3. What's a TV show you'd like to be on?
I flippin' LOVE Jeopardy. I wouldn't do well, but that would be amazing. "I'll wager it all, Alex!"
4. What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend?
I'd host a game night with a crowd of friends and strangers in my home on Friday night and sleep in on Saturday. Then I'd go to the lake and swim, hammock and hang out. On Sunday, I'd walk to church, make food and hang out with friends the rest of the day.
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist?
A killer Kickstarter for a product that I've been considering different brands for months.
6. What is something that your friends would consider "so you"?
Saying phrases like, "Huh, that's great, and interesting," as fillers in conversations. Also, wearing a half bun on my head and taking recycling and compost out of the trash and putting them in their proper places.
7. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I've thought about this a lot. Practically, I would choose tacos. They have all the necessary food groups. However, I never get tired of eating eggs in the morning, so maybe I'd choose eggs.
8. How often do you people watch?
Oh, all the time! I went to a Twins game a couple weeks ago and think I counted 5 minutes total of me actually watching the game. The rest of the time, I must've been watching people.
9. Did you have a favorite toy as a child?
I really liked my Baby Tumble Surprise Doll. I named her Gilly after my best friend. She was fun because her head was heavy, and her body was stuffed, so she did flips when you set her on her feet.
10. What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?
"Where am I? Where are my grandkids/descendants?"