Molly Ward, our one-and-only Social Traffic Controller, wears many hats in her position, from proofreader to brainstormer to mustache sticker distributor (it is Movember, after all). No matter which role she finds herself in, she’s always there with a notebook and a helpful hand.
Here’s your chance to meet Molly in 21 questions. And if she gets a chance to meet you, make sure to say your name twice.
1. What is your favorite Kool Aid Flavor?
It's basic, but Cherry was my dad's favorite, so it takes me back to my childhood.
2. Would you change your name?
When I was in elementary school, I wanted to be named LeeLoo after watching The 5th Element. The kids on the bus didn’t think it was as cool as I did. Haven’t thought about changing my name since.
3. Do you have any cool or “hidden” talents?
4. Sneakers or flip-flops?
5. What is the color of your car?
Blue. His name is Stewart. Stu for short.
6. What is one place you could travel to right now?
Venice, Italy. That’s my #1 dream travel destination.
7. Which flavor of ice-cream do you prefer?
Twist! The best of both!
8. Do you prefer to wear pants or dresses?
If I’m wearing a dress it’s because I’m out of clean pants.
9. What do you usually do when you meet someone for the first time?
Immediately forget their name and call them “what’s your face” in my head.
10. Have you ever been horseback riding?
I went to horse camp a few years in a row with my cousins. It was a lot of fun!
11. What do you most like to do in the snow?
Find my way indoors. The snow is beautiful to look at, but my winter activity of choice is looking at it through a window while bundled up with hot cocoa.
12. Can you change a tire?
I think I could if I had to. I never have, but I get the basics of how.
13. Do you prefer colored or white socks?
Colored, if possible with hilarious puns on them.
14. Do you save trinkets and mementos?
Like a hoarder. I have movie ticket stubs going back years.
15. Which family member do you most resemble?
I’m basically a carbon copy of my mother. Facebook mixes us up in the auto-tagging feature all the time. She loves it.
16. What is the longest car trip you have ever taken?
I drove around the country for a year in the Wienermobile after graduating college. The longest drive we had from one location to the next was a 4.5-day drive from San Diego, CA to Madison, WI.
17. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying?
Absolutely. I don’t think I could live with myself otherwise.
18. Do you like spicy food and why?
No! Everyone in the office makes fun of how picky I am, and this is my cardinal rule. I don’t like spicy food. “Oh this isn’t that spicy, trust me! I don’t like spice either and” I DON’T LIKE SPICY FOOD. NO SPICE. NOT. EVEN. PEPPER. … Thank you for offering, but I’ll pass.
19. Are you usually late, early or right on time?
Either early or late. One time I showed up a week early to a group meeting, and then the following week I was still an hour early.
20. Do you like chocolate?
21. What are some good questions to ask people to know them more?
My go-to get to know you question is “What is your favorite charity organization?” The answer often indicates an issue that is important to the other person, in a group setting it engenders goodwill because everyone likes charitable people, and while you can explain why a particular charity is your favorite, if it’s an overly personal reason you don’t HAVE to.
(Mine is Alex’s Lemonade Stand. The foundation benefits pediatric cancer research, as well as relief funds for families affected by pediatric cancer. It was founded by Alex, a 4-year old cancer patient who wanted to raise money for research. She held a lemonade stand which quickly became an annual event with visitors and partner stands nation-wide.)